Tuesday, September 3, 2013

College Football Wrap (Pac-12 Notes and Videos)


I have more thoughts over at UCLA 24/7 where I did my weekly notebook but safe to say there were a lot of positives to take from a great win. Looks like the Bruins are back where they left off and if that offensive line can force their will, expect to see Brett Hundley in the Heisman chatter.

There's no doubt in my mind who the more confident, best team is in Los Angeles right now. Now for a few Pac-12 notes.

As I wrote in my Bro Jackson piece, beware the underrated backfield of Keith Price/Bishop Sankey of Washington. They torched Boise State without All-American tight end Austin Sefarian-Jenkins so imagine what they'll do with him.

Nice to Oregon State crap the bed against Eastern Washington but props to QB Vernon Adams, who almost singlehandedly whipped the Beavers. Several of my colleagues remember him as a dual-threat QB out here at Mission Hills Alemany so I'm happy he got payback against a conference that didn't recruit him.

My biggest concern was seeing how De'Anthony Thomas would handle a bigger load, something he hasn't done since high school. Well Saturday, the Black Momba showed he could (18 carries) that he's improved running between the tackles and he can make the small runs as well as the explosive ones.

And now.......let's discuss the Trojans or as I call them, a poor man's SEC team not worthy of being in the Top 25.


Reports on Tuesday say that Cody Kessler will once again start against Washington State but you can bet that Max Wittek will see some action.. Playing two QB's is never a great option for longterm success and I believe USC has to figure this before heading to Arizona State on Sept. 28.

One quick national note. Clemson won a big game???? The Clemson I said never to trust?? Word is Georgia played horrible but still. Clemson??? I'll be darned.

Oh, and some Heisman Trophy winner had a decent second half at College Station. And the legend of Jameis Winston began with a brilliant performance against Pitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment