Monday, May 20, 2013

A Crazy Thought: Indiana-Miami Will Be Great



Call me crazy but I think Miami-Indiana is going to be a great Eastern Conference Final. Just based off how surprising the Pacers were last year against the Heat and how much better they look now.

Then again, I haven't been able to look at the Pacers the same way since the Lakers beat them on the road minus Kobe during the regular season. If there's a team remaining that has more fool's gold, I'm not sure who it is.

At the same time, the Pacers' ugly style (which led to them having the No. 1 defense in the league) has started to look better. Roy Hibbert is a legit center who can cause problems in the paint. Lance Stephenson is starting to fulfill the promise he had as a NYC hoops legend. Paul George is validating why he's an All-Star as the team's leader and an emerging go-to scorer (in spots).




The little I've seen of Indiana, they can go inside-outside or kill you from the perimeter. Throw in that they've also beaten Miami twice in three meetings this year and have healthier bodies than Chicago. I like them for not being intimidated and with their youth, they're reckless enough to give the Heat fits.

D-Wade's knee might be a problem to watch this series but so will Paul George as I think this will be the last stop of his breakout season and he'll make it count.
I admit I said earlier this season if the Pacers are the 2nd best team in the East, then the East is truly behind the Heat. But I think they will push Miami to not take a game off. If Miami comes out flat in Game 1 like they did against Chicago, Indiana will make them pay more than the Bulls.

All's said and done, the Heat are winning this series in 6 because......well you know. They're 45-3 since February 1. The whole "I-Will-Not-Lose" mentality that LeBron James oozes. The Heat's depth. The Pacers play great defense but if that's their best offense when it comes down to needing a bucket, they will be a problem late.

That said, I'm looking forward to this series. I want to see how the Pacers come out in Game 1 to match the Heat's energy

No comments:

Post a Comment