Friday, December 6, 2013

Weekend Links


I've been a busy man this week so without adieu, I present the links to enjoy on a Friday.

Tonight I'll be at East LA College watching the LA City Section Division I championship between Crenshaw and Narbonne. Here's my preview (Daily Breeze)

To add to that story, here's a piece on Narbonne linebacker Uchenna Nwosu. Nwosu isn't just a USC commit, he's also a standout student (3.3/3.8 GPA) who didn't play football until his 10th grade season. (Daily Breeze)

I also covered several basketball games this week. Serra's swarming defense proved too much for Lawndale and the same happened with Bishop Montgomery against Windward. (Daily Breeze)

For my good folks at Bro Jackson, I had more takes on the Pac-12's wild coaching weekend as well as a preview on the title game between Arizona State and Stanford. Here's a hint, I'm not picking Stanford.

As a bonus, I also pass this piece by Bro Jackson managing editor Ramon Ramirez on prisoners in the Louisiana State Penitentiary finding hope and peace in rodeo. It's one of the best pieces I've read this year and a reminder that just because you're in jail, you're still a person craving hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment